Get the latest updates and promotions by subscribing to our newsletter.
Huskee Cup 6oz
The award-winning Huskee Cup is designed in Australia and is as sustainable as it is sophisticated. Made from coffee husks leftover from coffee production, it’s the perfect vessel made for cafes, home users or on-the-go coffee drinkers.
Only Natural colour in stock.
6 Oz (177 ml) | Dimensions: 8.7cm x 8.7 cm x 8cm
- Keeps your coffee hotter for longer
- Comfortable to hold
- Durable and reusable
- Non-toxic (BPA-free)
- Re-purposes waste material (coffee husk)
- Dishwasher friendly
What is Huskee Cup made from?
HuskeeCup features coffee husk as a raw material. It is made from a unique eco-composite polymer that has been chosen after undergoing extensive research and development.
While it may seem counter-intuitive, the primary polymer we have chosen is a plastic called polypropylene. Why plastic you may ask? We chose Polypropylene with the following goals in mind:
- Producing a product that is durable, withstanding the rigours of the café environment
- Producing a cup whose materiality complement and highlight the innovative design features
- Creating a material that can be recycled, reused and re-purposed at the end of its life, in an environmentally friendly and efficient way.
When combined with coffee husk, the relatively low energy consumption, ease of recyclability and enhanced strength/durability of polypropylene produces a product that lasts longer and therefore significantly reduces the environmental impact in the long run. We will continue to evolve and improve our formula, looking for more biopolymers and combinations that can meet and exceed these objectives.